8/03/2009

Super heroines

Some days ago the very old "Batman" movie occured to me from the past... the film with Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson and of course Kim Basinger, aka Vicki Vale. She - in this movie - was my first super-super heroine, i would have liked to become her - i adored her wardrobe, her hair, her style from top-to-toe. I'm not that typical icon-fan, but she... she was THE Woman for me. I loved her too in a silly movie from the eighties, "My stepmother is an alien": the costumes, the character was also brilliant; funny, sexy and doesnt-care-about-others-opinion.



Then i was rolling and rolling this theme in my mind and thinking about other heroines who were or are meant something (because of anything) for me and maybe for others too. 

There are the action-heroines, the brave and strong ones, who are always fighting for something or somebody and for them it's not difficult to use a gun or other machine or whatever... My first and i think the forever icon from this category is Sigourney Weaver aka Ellen Ripley. She was gorgeous, i loved both the movie and the books, especially the second one, "Aliens". Since i first saw it, "chins" became my mania, when someone is able to pull all his body up... Not to mention, i still cannot do it ;) I adored the costumes which were soooo from-the-eighties but matched into that age, too. 

Linda Hamilton aka Sarah Connor was also an icon - from the nineties i think she's one of the most dominant women-characters... and her arms, ahhh, like Madonna, a dream for me...


I love Michelle Rodriguez whatever strong woman she plays... in Resident Evil or in S.W.A.T. (Yes, i've seen S.W.A.T., because some dozens of women is sitting in my mind with different taste, especially book- and movie-taste... and i think every girl has an action-figure side or dream, at least for a week ;)

And of course Angeline aka Lara, it would be shame not to mention her in this category.


One of my most defining moment was seeing The Fifth Element: the set design, the costumes, the actors, the atmoshpere, the music, all were like heaven for me... and of course the role of Leeloo. Milla was terrific in it. 

But i'm not only an action-lover, here comes the mixed category, "Super heroines loved for whatever". Sandra Bullock in Speed was important for me by two reasons - it was filmed at the grunge period, so her tiny-flower-patterned dress and (i guess) doc's were must-to-follow. The other reason - of course - was Keanu Reeves... and i think nothing left to say about this.

I adored the film "Much ado about nothing"! (Hmmm, another movie with Keanu...) I enjoyed the whole atmosphere of the film, it was light, simple, with beautiful scenes and mediterranean happiness. The latter is totally the contrary of anyone is thinking of Shakespeare; that's why the film and the director was genius - to make the play unusual and exciting with putting it into somewhere else (in time and in place). And the character played by Emma Thompson, ohh i loved it: she was outspoken, vivid and smart. All what shy girls - like me - would like to be.

I have two memories of Demi Moore. One is because of "Ghost", where i loved - being a short-haired - her hairstyle and her simple grey t-shirt, from what i couldn't find any good picture. The second memory is her coming-back role in "Charlie's Angels II". That body, hmmmm, nice and enviable. 

And of course, Charlize Theron, the Chameleon. "Sweet November" was a good film, but Charlize's clothes, silly scarfs and hair were better. I loved it.


And her, in the role of Aeon Flux was awesome: i didn't like the film itself, but the costume designer, Beatrix Aruna Pasztor made a serious job. By the way, Beatrix is from Hungary, so am i. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment