12/10/2009

manifestation of my laziness #2

Some clever sentences from some clever person...

Anna Dello Russo
"Just an example: for fashion shows, I remember that I used to need 30 outfits. Today, for the fashion weeks in New York, Milan, and Paris. I have to bring at least 90 outfits."


Daphne Guinness
"I think fashion is over. Or if it isn't over, I believe we've reached a saturation point. No wonder there is no authenticity. The future stopped in the 60's. Before that, you had everyone looking forward, and now it's just a tide of people looking back. What i'm really looking toward is the future."


Tabitha Simmons
"Fashion has sped up so much due to the internet. I don't understand what race we are all trying to win."


Olivier Zahm
"I'm afraid that people grab the new appealing, exciting thing with less and less of a personal filter. This immediate absorbing of fashion trends by the masses is slowly but surely destroying personal style. People become instant customers in the social confusion and narcissistic liberal competition."

(citations from here)

5 comments:

Silverbeige said...

I absolutely agree with Olivier Zahm.

Susan said...

love these quotes. well said!
xoxo

Johanne said...

Great quotes!

J

andrv1d said...

Thanks for those quotes! Interesting ones!

@xxx

Unknown said...

I could not agree more... Absolutely wise words...

Post a Comment